In general, shingle roofing generally lasts 20-35 years, metal roofs can last anywhere from 40-70 years and tile roofs generally last about the same, with proper maintenance.
How much does a new roof cost in Utah?
On an average, a new roof in Utah costs around $10,000 for a complete replacement of the entire roofing system. The total cost may be more or less, depends on multiple factors such as the condition of your house, the company you have hired, the roof material, etc.
Can a roof last longer than 20 years?
Homeowners with wood shake roofs should expect them to last about 30 years, while fiber cement shingles last about 25 years and asphalt shingle/composition roofs last about 20 years, the NAHB found. Climate and weather conditions, such as snow, hail and hurricanes, can cut the life span of all types of roofs.
What is the best roofing material for Utah?
Best Roofing Products In Salt Lake City
- Asphalt Roofing. Asphalt roofing is one of the most commonly used roofing materials on the market. …
- Wood Shake Roofing. Wood Shake roofing materials have been used for hundreds of years. …
- Standing Seam Metal Roofing. …
- Membrane Roofing. …
- Stone Coated Steel Roofing.
How often should you replace roofing?
Asphalt Shingles: 15-30 years. Wood Shingles: 20-25 years. Rubber Roofs: 30-50 years. Metal Roofs: 50-75 years.
How much is a metal roof in Utah?
Metal roofs can cost anywhere from $5,000 to $40,000 for premium metals like copper, and they are expected to last around 70 years, making them the longest lasting of any roof type.
What color roof lasts the longest?
Both light-colored and dark-colored shingles can last longer if given the necessary maintenance. The only thing tested and proven about light-colored shingles is that they help us keep the indoor temperature cooler in the hot summer season.
How long does a 30 year roof really last?
The expected service life of a 30-year product, if properly cared for, is approximately 25 years. If it’s not cared for properly, that 30 year shingle will only last 12 to 15 years.
Is a 50 year roof worth it?
It’s one of the most common questions people ask when it’s time to replace their roof: Are 50-year shingles worth the money? And like most questions, our answer is simple. … In most cases, 50-year shingles won’t improve on resale value of a home over 25- or 30-year shingles.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
What Time of Year is Best to Replace a Roof?
- Truth be told, the best time of year to replace your roof is whenever you’ve been able to adequately plan for it.
- Winter can be too cold, summer can be too hot and fall can be too busy, so for most areas of the U.S., spring is the best time of year to get your roof replaced.
What to do if you can’t afford a new roof?
Here are five of the most common options.
- Insurance coverage. If you have homeowners insurance, you might be able to use your policy to cover the cost of a new roof. …
- Roofing company payment plans. …
- FHA Title I home and property improvement loan. …
- Home equity loan. …
- Personal loan.
How much does it cost to replace a roof on a 3000 sq ft house?
Average Cost to Replace a Roof by House Size
|House (& Roof**) by Square Foot||Re-Roofing Cost*|
|1,900 (2,003)||$7,000 – $10,000|
|2,000 (2,108)||$7,400 – $10,500|
|2,500 (2,635)||$9,000 – $13,000|
|3,000 (3,162)||$11,200 – $16,000|