The exam fee is $226. Payment for exam is made directly to Continental Testing Services. To make a payment, submit online and pay with credit/debit card. You can also print the application and mail in with a check.
How do I get my roofing license in Illinois?
Obtaining a Roofing License in Illinois
- Before taking the roofing exam, applicants must pay the $125 application fee, provide proof of liability and property damage insurance, and worker compensation insurance.
- After applying, you’ll have up to three years to complete all the exam material.
How long does it take to get a roofing license in Illinois?
How long does it take to get an Illinois general contractor license? After submission, an application for a general contractor license is reviewed within about a month. If approved, you’ll receive your license in the mail to the address you provided usually within two weeks.
Do I need a roofing license in Illinois?
In the state of Illinois under the Illinois Roofing Industry Licensing Act, all contractors offering roof construction services must obtain a license from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) before engaging in any work.
How much is a contractors license in Illinois?
The registration fee and annual renewal fee is $150. If you also plan to work in Chicago, there is a reciprocity application that covers both the state of Illinois and the city for the trade license, but contractors will still have to register with the city.
Can you do your own roof in Illinois?
Illinois business owners have always maintained the right to do their own roofing work on their own property, using the labor of their employees.
Can a felon get a roofing license in Illinois?
Under the new law, an individual with a criminal conviction can go to work in an occupational position and apply for a license to practice a craft in which they already have some valuable experience. … Roofing business owners, for example, may not be required to be state-licensed in a neighboring state.
Does a handyman need a license in Illinois?
Handymen and general contractors are not required to have a state license to work in Illinois. However, many local jurisdictions including Chicago, require that handymen and contractors have a general contractor license.
Do painters need a license in Illinois?
Illinois. There are no registration or licensing requirements as a painting contractor in the state of Illinois, but make sure to check with local municipalities regarding any specific working requirements they have.
How do I start an HVAC business in Illinois?
How to Start An HVAC Business In Illinois
- -Register your business name. …
- -Choose your business structure. …
- -Register your HVAC business with Illinois. …
- -Open a Business Account with your Bank. …
- -Find out about taxes and hire an accountant. …
- -Get Liability Insurance. …
- -Register as a Contractor in Illinois.
Are electricians required to be licensed in Illinois?
Every Illinois electrician must be licensed to perform residential and commercial electrical work.
How do I become a licensed contractor in Illinois?
Illinois Contractor License Guide
- Determine the Type of Contractor License You Need.
- Access Illinois License Application Forms.
- Pass the Examination.
- Obtain Your Contractor License Bond.
- Get Your Free Bond Quote.
- Fulfill Requirements and Obtain Required Documents.
- Submit Your Illinois Contractor License Application.
- Get Your Free Licensing Tips.
How do I get a business license in IL?
How to Get a Business License in Illinois
- Apply for your Illinois business authorization. …
- Check for occupation-specific Illinois business license requirements. …
- Visit your local government’s site to find city and county requirements. …
- Complete prerequisites and submit your application.
Does Illinois require HVAC license?
Do You Need a License in Illinois to Become an HVAC Technician? No, Illinois does not require a state license. However, to open an HVAC contracting business, you will need a business license.
How do I become a general contractor in Chicago?
In summary, to obtain a general contractor’s license in Chicago companies must complete an application, purchase insurance, and pay a fee to the Chicago Department of Revenue. The requirements are very specific and the applicant must follow the checklist in the application.
Where can I get a surety bond in Illinois?
You can apply for a bond at your local insurance agency, or a specialized surety bond company. Surety bond companies often have access to better rates.